The 2019 Atlantic hurricane season kicked off on June 1st and goes until November 30th in the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.
The 2019 predictions for hurricanes are:
With these predictions, it is crucial to get your property hurricane or tropical storm ready.
The best step is to have a professional tree service come onto your property and evaluate your landscaping for protection before a storm. Warner Tree Service offers a review and a free written estimate.
Small plants are far more vulnerable than trees and shrubs, but they are also easier to protect from wind, cold or driving rain.
During a strong storm or hurricane, these things can help or hurt:
· The right tree in the right place may help protect your property from strong winds by acting as a wind-break
· Tree too close to your home or roof
· Weak or broken limbs
· A poorly maintained tree can do more harm than good
· Improperly pruned trees in advance of a storm face a higher likelihood that they might break or fall during the storm
· Trees should be serviced by a trained professional
Trees are susceptible to hurricanes and tropical storms. There are ways that homeowners and property managers can reduce potential damage to trees:
· Have your trees pruned
· Don’t trim your trees more than 25%
· Don’t cut the root system
· Clear or cut deadwood which invites pests, and breaks away into projectiles
· Properly dispose of cut wood, loose branches, and logs
· Have stumps ground down below grade
· Put a layer of organic mulch to protect the roots from the weather
· Put pots, baskets, bowls or buckets on top of small plants for a physical barrier
· Wrap larger shrubs, plants, and vines with strong fabric
· Put stakes in a tree or shrub to anchor it forms a wind storm
· Wrap the trunks of newly planted trees with burlap
· Select quality trees to plant labeled “Florida Fancy” or “Florida #1.” These trees have a single trunk and need little additional training to form a structurally sound
· Choose trees that are appropriate for the Large trees require a sizeable rooting zone. Tree roots extend three to five times the diameter of the tree’s canopy
· Insufficient soil volume increases the risk of trees toppling so make sure you have enough soil for the size of the tree
Warner Tree Service is a family-owned and operated business in Palm Harbor, Florida since 2007 with an ISA Certified Arborist. We are fully licensed and insured. The services offered with a 100% satisfaction guarantee are tree trimming, pruning and shaping, hedge trimming and shaping, tree removal, crane service, stump grinding, canopy elevation, tree examination, and more. Call us at 727-946-7098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a free written estimate in Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Tarpon Springs, Safety Harbor, Clearwater, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Belleair, and Largo.