In Palm Harbor, Florida, Warner Tree Service provides tree trimming, pruning and shaping, hedge trimming and shaping, tree removal, crane service, stump grinding, canopy elevation, tree examination, and more services to make your lawn safe and beautiful. The owner is Rick Warner, who is an ISA Certified Arborist since 2008.
In our business, we have to use equipment to lift us into the air to reach the high trees and sometimes remove. This particular type of equipment is called an aerial lift.
There are many different types of aerial lifts: scissor, boom, and telehandlers. An aerial lift is an ideal way to reach higher trees, high ceilings in a building, top shelving racks or tall windows safely and securely. This equipment can make a job significantly easier and safer.
As professional tree trimmers, we use an aerial lift to reach the hard to access the branches. This equipment requires extensive training to operate responsibly.
Benefits of Using an Aerial Lift for Tree Trimming
Hiring Warner Tree Service, there are many benefits of using an aerial lift on your property:
- Aerial lifts can move easily on the worksite and provide safer access in hard to reach areas.
- Their design allows us mobility and flexibility, which increases our efficiency.
- The aerial lifts also replace the use of traditional ladders, man-baskets on lift trucks and scaffolds to make working at high elevations safer.
- Aerial lifts handle trimming trees effortlessly and allow us to remove trees that are too close to your home before any damage occurs especially from a tropical storm, hurricane or high winds.
Types of Aerial lifts
There are several types of aerial lifts:
Scissor lift is a mobile machine that helps you lift to work at a high elevation provided with a strong safety feature. It is a very strong platform surrounded by railings for carrying out your aerial work efficiently. The industry term for them is a MEVP, mobile elevated work platform.
As a tree trimming service, we require both vertical and horizontal limits in mobility. We need to work on uneven ground, the branches are part of the trimming environment of tangles and trees.
Boom lift is an aerial work platform that is used by workers to reach high places. These lifts are specially designed to reach areas that may be perilous. Basic boom lifts consist of a platform with a long jointed crane which is run by a hydraulic lift system, attached to a grounded base.
Aerial Lift Safety
Aerial Tree trimming is dangerous, as are all businesses that want to work on heights. Safety is paramount when using an aerial lift. In a tree trimming business, we are required to climb, prune, and fell trees. We use hand and portable power tools like loppers, trimmers, and chainsaws for these services.
Electrocutions and falls are the two leading causes of tree trimmer deaths, so extra care and training are needed for work at heights and near power lines.
Safe Work Practices
While using this equipment and providing the service of tree trimming, pruning, and shaping, hedge trimming and shaping, tree removal, crane service, stump grinding, canopy elevation, tree examination, it is important to have safe work practices in place. Here are some of those practices:
- Workers cannot position themselves between overhead hazards, such as joists and beams, and the rails of the basket. Movement of the lift could crush a worker.
- A minimum clearance of at least 10 feet away from the nearest energized overhead lines.
- No overrides of hydraulic, mechanical, or electrical safety devices.
- Keep within the machine’s load limit.
Contact Warner Tree Service to consult with Rick Warner who is an ISA Certified Arborist since 2008.
Warner Tree Service is a family-owned and operated business in Palm Harbor, Florida since 2007 with an ISA Certified Arborist. We are fully licensed and insured. The services offered with a 100% satisfaction guarantee are tree trimming, pruning and shaping, hedge trimming and shaping, tree removal, crane service, stump grinding, canopy elevation, tree examination, and more. Call us at 727-946-7098 or email email@example.com to get a free written estimate in Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Tarpon Springs, Safety Harbor, Clearwater, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Belleair, and Largo.