Trees fare well on their own in the wild. In backyards and public places, though, there are many reasons to periodically prune them. In the woods, trees’ branches fall and a process of decay naturally occurs. These and other developments are fine when there aren’t people underfoot. In addition to being unsafe, an overgrown tree is unsightly. The question, though, is when is tree trimming necessary?
Top Reasons to have a Tree Trimmed
Many homeowners get tired of gazing out at an overgrown tree and decide to have it pruned. Others are basically forced to take action when trees are damaged. In any event, there are many reasons to hire a professional for tree trimming services. A few top examples include:
- Rot – It’s disheartening to realize that a tree is starting to rot, but it doesn’t necessarily need to be chopped down right away. With careful trimming, a rotting tree can often survive and even thrive for a long time to come. The trick is strategically pruning away the rotting sections, which is something that is best left to the professionals.
- Appearance – Trees tend to be more aesthetically pleasing when they are pruned from time to time. While the natural look has its merits as well, a pruned tree makes a yard look tidier. That’s especially true when careful attention has been paid to the landscaping of a yard. A finely manicured lawn and neatly trimmed hedges look even better when they are accompanied by neatly trimmed trees.
- Height – Trees sometimes grow dangerously tall. A common problem is when they grow too closely to power lines. However, simply being too tall can be risky as well. The uppermost branches are often more susceptible to damage and may splinter away, which can lead to harm and injuries on the ground.
- Crown – A popular reason to hire a tree trimming service is to thin out the crown of a tree. This is done for several reasons. For one, it’s important to ensure that there’s adequate airflow in the crown. This leads to healthier, more attractive growth. When the crown becomes too overgrown, light may not be able to reach the lower branches or the ground. Those branches may become scraggly, and plants and grass on the ground may wither away and die.
- Obstructions – The lower limbs of a tree may grow in a way that obstructs fences, walkways and other objects. They may also grow into neighbors’ yards. It’s easy to damage a tree by trimming it incorrectly. For best results, you should always hire professionals to do the work for you.
Trimmed Trees are Healthy Trees
Tree trimming doesn’t need to be done very often. However, it’s also not something that should be disregarded entirely. Whether you need to remove damaged or dying branches or just want to improve the appearance of a tree, the right trimming service can make a huge difference. When you need your trees cared for in Dunedin, FL, turn to the local pros at Warner Tree Service.